Bad day. Need good tea. Sweet, fresh and flavorful, this certainly qualifies. The extra leaf gives it a bit of pungency without adding any astringency. Mmm. Slight bump to rating because really? This is just delicious. I think this cup means that Maeda-en will be getting an order from me soon.

ETA: Second steep @ 15s. I’m getting a bit of roasty depth to it now. Really nice.

5.1g/8oz

teaplz

I miss tea. :(

Auggy

Awww, poor teaplz. :( You’ll get into the swing of the new job and be able to work tea into it and it will be all happy again!

takgoti

Nom nom nom. I’m becoming a fan of maeda-en. 7.5 oz of soba-cha and would you believe I’m going to need to re-order soonish? [Especially to account for additional shipping time. They take a couple of weeks.] Part of that has to do with recent tea swaps, but still. I’m moving through this stuff at an alarming rate.

Comments

teaplz

I miss tea. :(

Auggy

takgoti

1 – 10 – Bleck. Didn’t finish the cup.
11 – 25 – Drinkable. But don’t punish me by making me have it again.
26 – 40 – Meh. Most likely will see if the husband likes it iced.
41 – 60 – Okayish. Maybe one day I’ll kill off what I have in my pantry.
61 – 75 – Decent. I might pick some up if I needed tea.
76 – 85 – Nice. I’d probably buy but wouldn’t hunt it down.
86 – 100 – Yum! I will hunt down the vendor to get this tea!

Not that anyone but me particularly cares, but there it is.

Texas