drank Marco Polo by Mariage Frères

This tea smells so good. Fruity and sweet and berry-y and good. So. Freakin’. Good. Which is good because someone in the office? Yeah, making it smell bad. Good smelling things are needed. Post-brewing, I’m getting an almost caramel or burnt sugar smell. Like pound cake or graham crackers but richer. This smells like a strawberry sauce-covered dessert.

It tastes like strawberry syrup and burnt sugar. Tartly berry sweet in a dark way (not a white sugar sweet way) and very dessert-y. Rich taste even if it has a lighter body.

I do feel like I’m missing something not drinking it out of my strawberry tea cups though. Totoro isn’t always the perfect cup, I suppose.

ETA: Second steep at a lower temp (boiling water into my cup for a moment then into my ingenuiTEA so 200° maybe?) @ 4:45. More fruit, less burnt sugar. A bit softer, smoother, nice. Definitely worth the resteep.

3g/8oz

takgoti

I’ve been watching a lot of Miyazake lately and I have the “Hey, let’s go!” song stuck in my head. I like it, though, so I don’t mind it being there.

Anyhow re-steeps on the Marco Polo have been very good to me as well. I’m hoping to get around to logging my cream and sugar experience soon. Maybe tomorrow.

Auggy

I so enjoy this tea. Thank you for sharing it with me!

Comments

takgoti

Auggy

I so enjoy this tea. Thank you for sharing it with me!

1 – 10 – Bleck. Didn’t finish the cup.
11 – 25 – Drinkable. But don’t punish me by making me have it again.
26 – 40 – Meh. Most likely will see if the husband likes it iced.
41 – 60 – Okayish. Maybe one day I’ll kill off what I have in my pantry.
61 – 75 – Decent. I might pick some up if I needed tea.
76 – 85 – Nice. I’d probably buy but wouldn’t hunt it down.
86 – 100 – Yum! I will hunt down the vendor to get this tea!

Not that anyone but me particularly cares, but there it is.

Texas