drank Afternoon Tea by Lupicia

People stress me out. Fortunately, I have tea to counteract. A nice pretty afternoon tea to drink (shockingly) in the afternoon. This time, I’m not expecting or even wanting a bold, in your face tea. Gentle and pretty is the way to go since I need to relax a bit. So I’m taking a few minutes, staring at the 0-0 Olympic hockey score, sipping tea and wishing my office had satellite. Or anything other than just a TV/DVD combo.

It smells warm and toasty and a little bright. Tastes that way, too. I’m getting a little more of the Assam this time – it gives it just a slight bit of texture – but it’s still soft and gentle. The Darjeeling is mild – adds just a light tone of flavor to it. It’s a little softer made with water just off the boil and I think I prefer it that way – it doesn’t have the slight dryness I seem to be picking up with this one at the moment.

Oooh, USA goal! Anybody have a link so I can see who actually made the goal? All I can find is the score. I need more details! (And another! And apparently Hiller is in goal for Switzerland so GO USA!)

ETA: 2nd steep @ 2:30-ish with water a little off the boil. Much lighter in color but smells pretty much the same. I’m picking up more Assam this time, less Darjeeling, but it’s very sweet – almost like I added sugar. Much milder but pleasantly so and not bland at all. Good second steep.
3.0g/8oz

Ricky

Poor Auggy! I totally agree with you with your first two sentences. Whenever I’m frustrated, I just sit down and enjoy a good cup of tea and worry about it later.