drank Chamomile Citrus by Mighty Leaf Tea

Found a variety pack on sale last weekend so I grabbed it since I have never had Mighty Leaf tea and variety packs are fun. Decided I’d try this one out so I can have some more tea but not worry about sleeping later tonight. Not too excited about the chamomile aspect but yay for the citrus.

The bag is pretty. I kind of want to stick it in my lingerie drawer but I really wouldn’t want my under-things smelling like this tea. It’s kinda weird. Chamomile and citrus, yes. I just can’t decide if they blend really well so they aren’t distinct or if there is something else that makes them smell weird. But brewed up the smell is less funky but maybe stronger chamomile than I’d want in my idea herbal.

The taste is citrus-y then some chamomile (thankfully not too strong) and then something warm/tangy. Looking at the ingredients, I can probably also taste the rose hip (or at least something that makes me think of my marinara tea, also known as Lupicia’s Rose Hip herbal) but I don’t think I would have pegged what that taste was without reading the ingredients. There is a sweet ending so back to the chamomile. And as it cools, the chamomile becomes stronger.

Eh. I don’t hate this but I don’t really enjoy it all that much. It’s a bit too sweet and light and frou-frou for me. I feel like I need some ginger or licorice or something to make it more interesting. Pretty bag and leaves though so points for that.