drank Lapsang Souchong by Samovar

A tasting note from sophistre made me want to try this with a little half & half since sometimes the tarry aspect of this tea is just a hair too much for me. I didn’t have a ton left so I figured if I was going to do it, I needed to do it on my next cup. Which is today.

Right away I could tell a difference – even the smell seemed sweeter, not as thick. Still smoky but without the same edge. The taste matched the smell – rich and smoky but no longer coating my tongue as heavily. It has gone from heavy barbeque sauce to smoked meat with a light coating of barbeque sauce. And that sweetness that always seems to surprise me is even more noticeable.

Oh, the half & half doesn’t go so far as to make this a mild tea – no way – but it smoothes it out a little so it doesn’t feel as heavy/rich and that’s really nice. If this weren’t my last of this tea, I’d probably have it with half & half from here on out. But since it is, I’ll just have to try the half & half thing with the other lapsang souchong I have just to see how that goes. Giving the rating a little nudges upward because this really is great.
4g/11oz

sophistre

I love it this way! It was just what the doctor ordered, for me. I’m glad it worked out for you. I think I found that GM’s didn’t really benefit in the same way…I tried it but was unexcited by the results. Gonna be curious to see if you think other lapsangs hold up to the cream treatment.

I will have to try this…

Auggy

sophistre, Yes, it really was good – I’m really glad I read your note where you mentioned it because it was so tasty! Great idea!
Cinoi, I look forward to reading what you think of it!

Cinoi

I don’t have the Samovar one…yet…but I am hearing great things and will wind up getting it soon, for now I can try it with Adagio’s.

Comments

sophistre

I will have to try this…

Auggy

Cinoi, I look forward to reading what you think of it!

Cinoi

1 – 10 – Bleck. Didn’t finish the cup.
11 – 25 – Drinkable. But don’t punish me by making me have it again.
26 – 40 – Meh. Most likely will see if the husband likes it iced.
41 – 60 – Okayish. Maybe one day I’ll kill off what I have in my pantry.
61 – 75 – Decent. I might pick some up if I needed tea.
76 – 85 – Nice. I’d probably buy but wouldn’t hunt it down.
86 – 100 – Yum! I will hunt down the vendor to get this tea!

Not that anyone but me particularly cares, but there it is.

Texas