My coworker likes to smell my teas and he said this one smelled like beef jerky. Yep, it does. Oh, but brewed up it smells even better. Smoky and chocolaty and earthy sweet and yes, beef jerky-y. Mmm. Tastes the same, too. So sweet, like there is sugar in it. But not too much! And the beef jerky taste is there and wonderful but not too strong. And there seems to be a bit of Yunnan in it – the richest, chocolaty-est Yunnan ever, with just a little bit of heaviness (hmm, I wonder if this is the same Yunnan from S4). It’s just a great blend of sweet and savory and smoky.
3.9g/10oz

Stephanie

I have to get this tea! I wish it was sold on its own instead of a set. But the other teas are worth it too, right? (of course they are—it’s A&D!! :) )

Miss Sweet

Ooooh this sounds heavenly. My order of this just shipped, now I’m even more anxious to receive it!

__Morgana__

You have pushed me over the edge. I have to order this before they all go poof.

teaplz

This one kinda scares me, actually!

And can I say how much I love beef jerky-y? :D

Auggy

Yay for pushing Morgana over the edge! Hehe! It’s a brilliant tea, may you all enjoy it! :)
Teaplz, it’s a lot less intense than straight lapsang souchong but I remember you weren’t a huge fan of GM’s lapsang, right? So I can’t guarantee you’d like it but it shouldn’t be too scary (or at least not as scary as straight lapsang, which you’ve already conquered!)

Comments

Stephanie

Miss Sweet

__Morgana__

You have pushed me over the edge. I have to order this before they all go poof.

teaplz

This one kinda scares me, actually!

And can I say how much I love beef jerky-y? :D

Auggy

1 – 10 – Bleck. Didn’t finish the cup.
11 – 25 – Drinkable. But don’t punish me by making me have it again.
26 – 40 – Meh. Most likely will see if the husband likes it iced.
41 – 60 – Okayish. Maybe one day I’ll kill off what I have in my pantry.
61 – 75 – Decent. I might pick some up if I needed tea.
76 – 85 – Nice. I’d probably buy but wouldn’t hunt it down.
86 – 100 – Yum! I will hunt down the vendor to get this tea!

Not that anyone but me particularly cares, but there it is.

Texas