The dry leaf smells awesome. Creamy, sweet and rich. It smelled so great I hunted down the husband to make him smell it. The powerful smell, however, doesn’t last through the brewing. It still smells nice but it is pretty faint – I might have accidentally dunked my nose in the tea trying to get close enough to get a good smell so yeah, that faint. But fear not! All that yummy smell did not simply go poof. Oh no – it was turned into taste. Sweet in a green, fresh way with zero astringency and an oh so pretty (though kinda brief) aftertaste. It just tastes so fresh and sweet, almost fruity. There’s a fibrous taste as it cools, like eating a thicker green veggie. Uh oh. My cup is empty. Can’t have that.

The second steep (2:30) is a bit heavier and richer but not quite as fruity sweet, or maybe just a different, heavier fruit.

Third steep (3:30) and the flavor has changed a bit again. This time I am oddly reminded of a mild Yunnan. It’s weird, I don’t get it, but that’s what is coming to mind with the rich but light feel and sweetness of this tea.
4g/8oz