drank Chocolate Puerh by Numi Organic Tea

Looking over other reviews, I wonder if I need to use more leaf because overall this felt/tasted rather thin. It did have a nice chocolate taste as well as a dry sweet hay taste that I seem to associate with pu-erh so that was nice. It was definitely better than The Tea Spot’s Bolder Breakfast (another chocolate pu-erh blend) – the chocolate wasn’t so dry tasting – but it wasn’t as good of a chocolate tea as Lupicia’s The Au Chocolat – which still wins as the best chocolate tea I’ve had. But this one was mild, smooth and had a nice depth of flavor (Bolder Breakfast can seem a bit flat) so while the chocolate wasn’t a rich as I might have expected (though there was a nice, almost just-finished-a-milk-chocolate-candy-bar aftertaste going on), the overall experience was enjoyable.

Cofftea

If you haven’t already, you might want to try 2.5g/6oz water and/or milk. That’s the amount in the bagged version (and the only way I’ve had this).

Auggy

Yeah, I actually used a little more leaf than that – just under 5g for 12oz.

Cofftea

2.5×2 equals exactly 5, not just under… so maybe use a little more? Have you tried the bagged version to compare?

Auggy

Bah, typo. That’s what I get for typing in the darl. It was 5.7g. Just under 6.
And nope, just the loose.

*dark
(I give up).

Auggy

For the record, I still haven’t turned on my living room light. I was never able to do well in the touch typing unit that covered punctuation and the number row.

AmazonV

i am a IT person and i still look at my keys, i wouldn’t do any better and likely would do worse!

Comments

Cofftea

Auggy

Yeah, I actually used a little more leaf than that – just under 5g for 12oz.

Auggy

Bah, typo. That’s what I get for typing in the darl. It was 5.7g. Just under 6.
And nope, just the loose.

*dark
(I give up).

AmazonV

1 – 10 – Bleck. Didn’t finish the cup.
11 – 25 – Drinkable. But don’t punish me by making me have it again.
26 – 40 – Meh. Most likely will see if the husband likes it iced.
41 – 60 – Okayish. Maybe one day I’ll kill off what I have in my pantry.
61 – 75 – Decent. I might pick some up if I needed tea.
76 – 85 – Nice. I’d probably buy but wouldn’t hunt it down.
86 – 100 – Yum! I will hunt down the vendor to get this tea!

Not that anyone but me particularly cares, but there it is.

Texas