drank Tan Yang Te Ji by TeaSpring

This tea is so good in spite of (or probably because) its multiple personality disorder. It sort of wavers between a (higher quality) Yunnan – smooth and a little sweet – and an Assam – malty and almost chewy (but no bitterness!) – with some occasional smoky Keemun (or faint Lapsang Souchong) notes, then the taste is overlaid with Fujian-esque cocoa notes. Seriously, whatever kind of black tea you are in the mood for, this will probably satisfy. I’ve decided to bump the rating all the way up because, honestly, I can’t imagine this tea getting better.

Cofftea

I love MPD teas! lol:)

LENA

wow…this tea sounds pretty cool. i’ve added it to the shopping list.

__Morgana__

This was already on my shopping list but now my fingers are itching to order from TeaSpring. I00s intrigue me muchly as I haven’t given one out yet.

Auggy

Lena, I think it’s a pretty neat tea. It’s not knock-your-socks-off-wow but it’s so smooth and had such a full and changeable taste that I think it’s just an awesome tea.

Morgana, It’s the most understated of my top rated teas but it has guaranteed that my next tea order will be from TeaSpring. Assuming that they have it in stock soon (last I checked they only had the higher grade – which I’m probably going to have to try, too).

Comments

Cofftea

I love MPD teas! lol:)

LENA

wow…this tea sounds pretty cool. i’ve added it to the shopping list.

__Morgana__

Auggy

1 – 10 – Bleck. Didn’t finish the cup.
11 – 25 – Drinkable. But don’t punish me by making me have it again.
26 – 40 – Meh. Most likely will see if the husband likes it iced.
41 – 60 – Okayish. Maybe one day I’ll kill off what I have in my pantry.
61 – 75 – Decent. I might pick some up if I needed tea.
76 – 85 – Nice. I’d probably buy but wouldn’t hunt it down.
86 – 100 – Yum! I will hunt down the vendor to get this tea!

Not that anyone but me particularly cares, but there it is.

Texas