This tea is weird. It’s so close to perfect but it’s got two weird little things going on that just totally throw me off. The flavor has so much depth – it’s sweet and fruity and floral and rich. It’s got a sweetness similar to that of a milk oolong, floral hints like a great Ali Shan. Each sip makes me think, “AH! This is going to be perfect!” And then two things happen.

One, there’s this funky little end note and aftertaste that I can only describe as sour. It’s not an overly strong note and not totally unpleasant – a bit like sour apple candy flavor – but it just seems to clash with the rest of the notes in the tea so it keeps throwing me off. And two, the mouth feel is water-thin. This huge, rich, thick, decadent flavor… and this weak, thin mouthfeel that makes me think I underbrewed.

Neither point is enough to kill off my enjoyment of the tea, but it does leave me feeling rather confused while I sip.
7.8g/13oz

Rijje

I just love the confusing ones. The teas that leaves me speechless are fun!

Auggy

Confusing is certainly better than boring – it means there’s stuff going on!

Comments

Rijje

I just love the confusing ones. The teas that leaves me speechless are fun!

Auggy

Confusing is certainly better than boring – it means there’s stuff going on!

1 – 10 – Bleck. Didn’t finish the cup.
11 – 25 – Drinkable. But don’t punish me by making me have it again.
26 – 40 – Meh. Most likely will see if the husband likes it iced.
41 – 60 – Okayish. Maybe one day I’ll kill off what I have in my pantry.
61 – 75 – Decent. I might pick some up if I needed tea.
76 – 85 – Nice. I’d probably buy but wouldn’t hunt it down.
86 – 100 – Yum! I will hunt down the vendor to get this tea!

Not that anyone but me particularly cares, but there it is.

Texas