So yeah, I’m dropping the rating on this one down a little bit. It’s just too picky. Sure, my first cup was amazing but I haven’t been able to repeat the brilliance and since then just gotten a very nice but not overly special cup. I know that there is delight hiding somewhere in there, it’s just hard to find. Hopefully I’ll be able to recreate it before I run out of this tea.
Tokoname pot, 5.1g/10oz, pour started at 25s. I’m thinking it doesn’t do well in larger quantities.

175 °F / 79 °C
Shinobi_cha

Have you tried a small out amount of water, like maybe 2-4oz(with the same amount of leaf)? It only makes for a tiny cup of tea, but if it really is good tea, even a tiny sip should fill your mouth with flavor…though, you probably know that already.

Auggy

This one definitely does better when made in small quantities but I haven’t tried it with the same leaf but lots less water. I’ll give it a shot sometime!

Comments

Shinobi_cha

Auggy

1 – 10 – Bleck. Didn’t finish the cup.
11 – 25 – Drinkable. But don’t punish me by making me have it again.
26 – 40 – Meh. Most likely will see if the husband likes it iced.
41 – 60 – Okayish. Maybe one day I’ll kill off what I have in my pantry.
61 – 75 – Decent. I might pick some up if I needed tea.
76 – 85 – Nice. I’d probably buy but wouldn’t hunt it down.
86 – 100 – Yum! I will hunt down the vendor to get this tea!

Not that anyone but me particularly cares, but there it is.

Texas