drank Ceremony by Lupicia

Dude, I don’t know what it is, but this tea has made me so caffeinated this morning. I don’t remember this one being all that powerful caffeine-wise so maybe something else is at play? Or maybe just the fact that I had 12oz instead of a smaller cup? Or perhaps because I didn’t have enough tea to finish out my cup so I did a 50/50 blend with A+D’s Nepal? (Though I don’t recall Nepal being a big caffeine rush either.) Regardless, my hands are all shaky and I’m feeling obnoxiously bouncy. And I might have been singing something about caffeine in my bloodstream when I came in to work today. Maybe.

Anyway, yeah, decupboarding this one which is kind of sad. It’s a Darjeeling-flavor that I can totally get behind, I think because the Keemun smooths it out some and keeps that tannic, sometimes super-bright, citrusy end taste at the end of most Darjeelings from being jarring or unpleasant for me. Today’s version of this was interesting though because I did have to do a 50/50 blend with Nepal. I added a little sugar (because I’m forever scared of being stuck with a bitter tea in my travel tumbler) and ended up with the overwhelming taste of honeyed green beans.

Seriously. Ceremony + Nepal + 1tsp sugar + travel tumbler = honeyed green beans.

It was weird and I had some flashbacks of bad Silver Needle experiences with a flat soybean water taste, but this had a nice sweetness and distinct honey taste, so it wasn’t a one note green bean wonder. Instead, it was really quite pleasant. Still a little weird for black teas to make me think of a white tea, but whatever.

A different sendoff for this tea, but a fun one. And a caffeinated one. WHEE!