Does seem very similar to Royal Garland (as sophistre mentioned), which makes me wonder how it will be if I used 195° water, so I’m going to have to try that some time.
First steep (30s): It’s bold but soft, has a Darjeeling/muscatel note but with no brightness or astringency. Very attractive taste. I do want a little more punch to it so might up the steep time.
Second steep (1min): Very honeyed and smooth, rich Darjeeling.
Third steep (1:45): Mmm, very tasty. A bit decadent, like eating tangy dark chocolate (but, you know, without the chocolate bit).
I really need to do a side by side with Royal Garland to do a better comparison of the two. I think this one might be bolder and less complex over all, but then I’m working off of a not-so-great memory. Regardless, I really do like this one.

175 °F / 79 °C
sophistre

I kind of agree. I find it a lot more straightforward, and I don’t think it’ll replace Royal Garland in my cabinet. It’s not quite as fruity. I do find it pretty tasty though!

Auggy

It’s very tasty. And that third steep was just super awesome. I can’t wait to play more with this!

Comments

sophistre

Auggy

1 – 10 – Bleck. Didn’t finish the cup.
11 – 25 – Drinkable. But don’t punish me by making me have it again.
26 – 40 – Meh. Most likely will see if the husband likes it iced.
41 – 60 – Okayish. Maybe one day I’ll kill off what I have in my pantry.
61 – 75 – Decent. I might pick some up if I needed tea.
76 – 85 – Nice. I’d probably buy but wouldn’t hunt it down.
86 – 100 – Yum! I will hunt down the vendor to get this tea!

Not that anyone but me particularly cares, but there it is.

Texas