Born out of curiosity from this weekend’s experience with Adagio’s Anhui Keemun (AAK because I’m lazy), I bumped up the steep time on this on to see how it does.

Not quite as pretty as it is with a shorter steep time but it makes up for that in a thicker taste. It’s not quite as wonderful and complex as AAK is at 3minutes – it is still sweet and silky and rich and has all the same general tastes, it’s just turned down a notch compared to AAK – but considering that 5oz of AAK is $59 and 5oz of this one is $28.50, I’m okay with this one being a hair less awe-inspiring.

I’m going to keep the score the same because this one is still a comforting go-to favorite that I’m firmly addicted to – and it doesn’t hurt that the price is oh so right. Overall, I prefer it brewed lighter because it’s gently complex but I can see where others might prefer this with a longer steep and thus more intense taste.