drank Golden Monkey by Teas Etc

I’m not exactly sure what I was thinking this morning when I made this tea. Normally I steep it for 4mins but today I did 2mins. OMG, what a lovely mistake. It’s sweet and creamy and malty and a tiny bit peppery hitting the tip of my tongue. The texture isn’t as stout as with a 4min steep but honestly? It doesn’t lose any of the flavor – in fact, I think the sweet notes might be more sparkly with this shorter steep time. Looks like I need to turn my brain off more often when making tea.

takgoti

Three cheers for accidental discoveries.

Jaime

I love happy mistakes like that!

LauraR

This is one of my faves…now I need to understeep it too!

Auggy

Yay for happy screw ups! Though I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that this tea is so good, it’s hard to make it bad, you know?
LauraR, I look forward to hearing what you think of it!

Comments

takgoti

Three cheers for accidental discoveries.

Jaime

I love happy mistakes like that!

LauraR

This is one of my faves…now I need to understeep it too!

Auggy

LauraR, I look forward to hearing what you think of it!

1 – 10 – Bleck. Didn’t finish the cup.
11 – 25 – Drinkable. But don’t punish me by making me have it again.
26 – 40 – Meh. Most likely will see if the husband likes it iced.
41 – 60 – Okayish. Maybe one day I’ll kill off what I have in my pantry.
61 – 75 – Decent. I might pick some up if I needed tea.
76 – 85 – Nice. I’d probably buy but wouldn’t hunt it down.
86 – 100 – Yum! I will hunt down the vendor to get this tea!

Not that anyone but me particularly cares, but there it is.

Texas