drank Fujian Ti Kuan Yin by Adagio Teas

Hrm. Thin mouthfeel. Woody. Green-ish. Hard to describe because there just doesn’t seem to be much there. Slurping doesn’t do much but a nice sweet, slightly floral note did show up in the aftertaste. Overall this is disappointingly bland. Not even normal. Bland. Maybe I’m just missing something. Meh.

Michelle Butler Hallett

Hmmm. I wonder about the batch you got. Ti Kuan Yin normally inspires gasps of pleasure. Sorry about the disappointment.

Stash carries a decent loose Ti Kuan Yin.

Auggy

It’s possible something was up with the batch but it really didn’t seem bad. Just not a great example of a TKY. I love CTG’s version (SO GOOD!) and have had a handful of other really stellar ones but for whatever reason it is easier for a TKY to miss the boat with me. Versus something like a pouchong which I’m almost always a fan of.

Comments

Michelle Butler Hallett

Stash carries a decent loose Ti Kuan Yin.

Auggy

1 – 10 – Bleck. Didn’t finish the cup.
11 – 25 – Drinkable. But don’t punish me by making me have it again.
26 – 40 – Meh. Most likely will see if the husband likes it iced.
41 – 60 – Okayish. Maybe one day I’ll kill off what I have in my pantry.
61 – 75 – Decent. I might pick some up if I needed tea.
76 – 85 – Nice. I’d probably buy but wouldn’t hunt it down.
86 – 100 – Yum! I will hunt down the vendor to get this tea!

Not that anyone but me particularly cares, but there it is.

Texas