This came as part of my Budset Sampler and I’m so glad it did as I was planning on ordering some for a friend anyway. I must disclose that I believe I am mildly allergic to jasmine, it tickles my throat and I had to stop drinking it last summer as it interfered with my sales (it could have been nerves but somehow I pinpointed it to when I was drinking jasmine, which was quite often). I meant to experiment if it was more intense during allergy season, but never did. Anywho, I can enjoy it in very small quantities, but one of my co-workers loves jasmine and silver needle so I knew she would love this.

I had our barista brew this up on an awful day when I was dizzy and sitting on the floor of the back room waiting for my husband to come pick me up. But the dried leaf and brew smelled heavenly and it was truly delicious, there were other notes like lilac or something. I would have loved to experience multiple steeps, but I left the leaf and the packet to her and she was ever so in love and reported back that it was amazing, so I just wanted to make note of that. I know she joined steepster awhile ago but I can’t find her on here (I know I can just ask). So Diane if you’re reading this, I would love to hear any additional thoughts on this tea ;)

PeachesForMe

Yes! I just found you! I am loving loving loving my yunnan white jasmine – I am sorry to hear that you regret not having more, but I assure you that this beautiful tea has found a wonderful home with an appreciative tea drinker :)

I think that I will definitely be ordering some more from them soon (and I remember that you mentioned they send along additional samples to try), so I promise that I will let you know which one they give me and will pass one along to you. …hopefully one that will not make your throat tickle…

I am enjoying reading your posts though; there IS tea outside of Teavana! Who knew?! Please continue to list your favorites so I don’t miss out on any good ones. Remember: it’s jasmine, jasmine, peaches, and more jasmine for me.

Autumn Hearth

Hey! I’m just now noticing that you commented! Congrats on quitting! Rob mentioned you turned in your key awhile ago, but not much else. I’m glad you are on here! This tea is showing as low stock and another Verdant white (that i have but have not tried) is on sale! http://verdanttea.com/shop/white-tea/

Comments

PeachesForMe

Autumn Hearth

Druid, artist, poet, mum, lover of tea, ritual and myth. I grew up on Celestial Seasons herbals but fell in love with straight loose leaf tea working at my local Teavana for a year. I am grateful for the introduction and the experience, but have moved on.

I see tea as an experience for the senses, I like to imagine tasting the land and the weather as well as the effect of sun, air, fire and the human hand. I have a soft spot for shu pu’er, yabao, scented oolongs, wuyi oolongs, taiwanese tea as well as smooth naturally sweet blacks, creamy greens and surprisingly complex whites.

I began ordering lots of samples from Upton to educate myself on different varieties of tea we didn’t have at work and have fallen head over heels for the unique offerings from Verdant Tea. I am learning things I like: buttery mouthfeel, surprising sweet or spice notes, woodiness, mineral notes, depth and complexity and things I don’t: astringency, dry and sour notes.

I collect tea tins and am in danger of collecting pots, though I am trying to restrain the urge due to current lack of space. I brew mostly in a glass infuser mug or a tea maker, only using cast-iron for company now (still need to get a gaiwan) and tend not to sweeten my teas unless they are British or fruity and iced, which is not often.

As far as ratings, I lack a definite system and haven’t been assigning numbers lately, wanting to spend multiple sessions with a tea first. I usually only log a tea once, unless it is a new harvest or I have significantly different observations, but will go back and edit or comment if I find something interesting or new.

Baker Street, Berea, Ohio