This tea keeps popping on my list to try, but for a couple trips it never made it home – as I went with something more “spur of the moment”.
But I always wanted to try it as it is up my alley on fruity, floral teas I like. But I’d chicken out on it because of the rooibos and lavender.

Dry leaves – fruity smell with something not fruity.. lavender? Not soapy, I dunno what the smell is. Looks like I didn’t get much in rose petals, poooooo!

The tea steeps a brillant amber red orange, very nice. The smell is fruity and floral. I love the smell!

Taste – mild hit of lavender, more of an essence of it verses the sleepy-time essential oil. A bit of sweetness. Theres a taste of tartness on the throat, I’m thinking its the rosehips or the currants. The rooibos goes well with the lavender and fruit rounding out the flavour. I find I can taste the blueberry and how well it goes with the lavender! There is a lot of things going on with this tea – I agree it is sophisticated! Slight floral notes in this cup, but it didn’t look like I got much in rose petals.

So, I find the lavender in this tea much more mild that DAVIDsTea’s “Jessies Tea”. There is alot of flavours and smells going on that the lavender is a blended role. I would try this over Jessie’s Tea if you want to venture into lavender territory. If you like unique and sophisticated teas don’t miss out!

For me – I’m undecided whether the tartness is being a deal breaker, but I really like that blueberry fruity mix with lavender. I could see this cup being more wicked with some more rose in it. I think I need to drink more of it to see if I would buy more or not. Either way, it’s interesting and a good rooibos tea.

I’m a tea blogger – The Oolong Owl
www.OolongOwl.com – I do tea reviews, obsessively photograph teas with mischievous crocheted Owls and get tea drunk. I am also a crochet and knitting designer at Awkward Soul Designs.

To contact me for reviews, check out details at OolongOwl.com/about or email me at [email protected]

BTW, my Steepster cupboard is not even close to accurate and I track my teas on a spreadsheet. Last update 573 Teas – August 2015.

Long Beach, CA