I ordered this tea as I’ve never seen figs in tea and I do have a slight love affair with figs. Ahh the fig jam in this sandwich I had at the Getty Art Museum in Los Angeles..yum. At least I think it was the getty? Whatever.

Smell of dry leaves – tarty fruity. Lots of figs and lumps of berries.
Brews up to a light peachy gold cup of tea

Taste – mmmm lumps of figs! Nice refreshing taste of figs, strawberries, the seedy bits of the blackberries with the sencha taste at the end. A nice twist to those typical fruity blends of sencha. Kind of a sophisticated taste with the fig – and it looks impressive floating in a travel mug that is glass and clear.

If you like sencha tea with fruit – and something a little different, give this one a shot. Out of all the sencha fruit teas from ESP Emporium, this one was unique (next to the Apple Kiwi one I snagged)

Me? I think I won’t buy more of this tea. It’s good – but it’s sencha… getting tired of so many fruity tea blends being all sencha. They all taste similar, but with a different smell or fruit. I could probably mix all my fruity sencha teas up and it wouldn’t matter.

Kittenna

I got really sick of citrusy sencha’s from DavidsTea. Talk about overdone! I’m only just now beginning to rediscover sencha as a legit green base for a flavoured tea (although I like when things are mixed up a bit!)