Dr. Chocolate. I always looked at this tea online – oolong tea with chocolate and carob? hell yeah! Carob brings me back to my vegan days! But I’d get scared off by the other stuff in it – cardamon and ginger. Uggg cardamon, I always tried making my own chai teas with it and cardamon is expensive plus I found it added a horrible flavor to my teas.
When I was in store, I can’t remember if it was another sales gal or a customer that said this tea is good. Ehhh.. why not?

Dry leaves smell – spicy with a hint of chocolate. Not bad. Please this taste like super chocolate punch to the face.
Steeped – smells like chocolate and yeah.. cardamon. Steeps a light brown.

Taste – DAMN YOU CARDAMON. That flat spice of cardamon hits me right at first sip! However, the lovely part of this tea is the ginger zinging you at the end with an aftertaste of chocolate and carob. Definitely reminds me of a chai tea. However, I’d have Chocolate Chai teas (Adagio Tea) that I found was nicer in terms of more chocolate flavour, but weaker in spice. I wish that tea and this one would combine (with less cardamon). However, Dr Chocolate lacks that deep earthy flavour of stronger black tea to make it more chai-like, setting it apart.

With that said, I’m going to try brewing this as a chai next time, add some milk. Overall, I’m not going to buy more and I might unload it on someone. I would like to taste more chocolate or have a creamy element, like a vanilla or white chocolate.

If you like spicy tea and something different than a black tea, give this one a try. Unfortunately not very chocolately or caroby though to my liking.