drank Happy Kombucha by DAVIDsTEA

I’ve never heard of kombucha before.. maybe that’s why I wasn’t up to buying this tea despite being shown it. But the sales gal said if I like fruity teas, I should try it. I like oolong teas so I decided I might as well try it.

Dry: Strong sweet mango.. pineapply or peachy tangy? A similar tea “Life Long Oolong” I find smells less sweet, more nutty and peachy.

Steeped: classic oolong, but a tad less saturated. Smells like pineapple

Taste: deep oolong and something kind of pungently earthy (kombucha I’m guessing), hint of mango and little sweetness from the pineapple. It does get a little peachy with the mix of fruit and earthy. I sneaked a glass of this tea at work after I bought it, in which I left the leaves in and I found it more fruity.

I found this tea very strong the in the oolong/earthy department. Not the typical oolong taste. It’s not bad but it makes this tea different than just fruity oolong. With that said, a very different taste compared to “Life Long Oolong” which is more clean oolong/peachy/nut. This is almost black teay tasting for the earthy/pungent.

If you like earthy teas – maybe towards the black tea range or a strong cup of oolong, this is a good match up. I found the fruit took a backburner to the oolong/kombucha? here – what made this tea a different flavour to set apart from typical oolong, was too overpowering for me.

For fruity oolongs, I think DavidsTea’s Banana Oolong is much more complimentary to oolong tea.