I had just moved to the USA from Canada and I rigged it so I had a 52 teas order waiting for me when I arrived!
This is my first venture into 52Teas – being a DavidsTea fan (since DT is close to me). This is 1 of 3 teas I ordered off their permanent collection.

Pancake Breakfast Black tea.. wow.. pancakes?

Dry Leaves: Smells like maple syrup. The woodsy kind. Nice big black tea leaves with a spattering of marigold petals.

Steeped: The colour is your classic black tea. Smells slightly maple but strong black tea.

Taste: (I did not add milk/sugar) Black tea, as it goes down, a hint of maple and butteryness. Slightly sweet, but I"m not sure if it’s my senses messing with me (I love how tea does that). As I drink the cup and as it gets cooler, I can taste slight pancakey cake taste.
I find the black tea is the biggest flavour with the pancake/maple/butter flavour being a secondary effect. As the tea is cooler, the pancake/maple/butter comes out much more with the black tea mixing in. When it is in this temperature state of warm/hot – the flavours are at optimal pancakey taste.

If you like black teas you’ll like this tea. Loving more fun teas is great but if you aren’t a black tea fan it might be too overpowering. I made this tea very strong last time and wow it gets really strong black tea taste!

Admittedly, I was disappointed at first with this tea. I thought it would be stronger in terms of pancake flavour. I think of DavidsTea’s “Oh Canada” and how maple-canadian-nice it is with 2-3 times the maple flavour. Pancake breakfast is more subtle in its taste.

But.. this tea is quite tastey and well put together. It’s a great tea, warms me up, tastes like pancakes without the guilt. Great to start a morning… pair it with pancakes even! Ha!
However, I can live without this tea and I don’t think I’d buy more. I plan to buy more from 52Teas or maybe try the Tea of the week/month deals.