This tea is part of my very first order at 52 Teas. Reviews looked good, so I added it. I never ate a strawberry zabaglione so I had to google it to what it was.

Dried: SWEEET! very sweet. Strawberry. So sweet and strawberry that it was more of a fake strawberry smell, but not that “red” fake smell, more strawberry tangy crazy sweet.

Steeped: black tea, reddy amber colour. Smells creamy, berry and black tea.

Taste: Black tea (for sure!) then a hit of creamyness with strawberry sweet at the end. Fairly mild, IMO, for creamy and strawberry. Very good black tea.

This would be the 3rd 52 teas I reviewed and I’m noticing a trend in the flavours being fairly mild – the dominate taste being to enjoy the tea, with subtle hit of wild flavour at the end. If you read most of my reviews, I love DavidsTea, which I find does the reverse of wild flavour concept that peek out more or has a stronger fruit flavour than the tea. This 52 teas would be “Black tea, Strawberry Zabaglione flavour” vs it being actual drinkable Strawberry Zabaglione.

With that said, I’d check this tea out if you are a black tea lover and want a little cream/sweet/berry without adding cream. This might make a killer latte.

Me? I’ll finish this stash or potentially give away to friends. I prefer something more stronger for fruity/cream taste.