drank Three Wishes Tea by DAVIDsTEA

I bought only 10g of this tea (before moving to California from Vancouver BC) because it smells like a dupe of my fav tea “Lovers Cup” by Silverhills(I think? I get it from the Famers Market in Downtown LA). Lovers Cup is floral, sweet, and a perfect mix of black and gree tea. If it was a dupe, hey I know another source of this tea… or maybe it will be better than my fav tea!
THen I held off on trying it because I only bought 10g of it! Doh!

Dry: Dry leaves smell floral and kind of peachy. Okay really peachy.. with no peaches. Very fragrant.

Steeped: brownish amber, a colour mix of black and green tea. Very pretty with the flower petals. Smells now more like black tea and floral jasmine. This would look killer in a glass travel mug or tea pot! 9/10 on prettyness!

Taste: Pronounced black tea flavour. After the black tea taste, the scent of floral hits me, with the strong floral taste and a tiny touch of sweetness at the end of my throat. Not much green tea taste, probably mixed in with the black tea.

Recommended: for black tea lovers (english breakfast variety people) and for people who love floral teas. I love floral teas, especially ones I wish I could wear as perfume! Hey tea companies, get on that idea!!!!!!!!!!

Me: The black tea is on the side of overstepped-bitter and strong. I steeped it for the suggested low-end time of 4 minutes on the package, but for boiling water (going with black tea). I wonder if steeping it at a lower tempurature would help? The lack of green tea taste is a bummer, but it might be mixing with the black to make it over-steeped bitter.
The floral bit is amazing though. Smells amazing and I’d rub it all overmyself looking like a freak. A tea addicted freak. Oh yeeeeah.

Would I buy more? Not sure. if i can make it taste less bitter, probably, but “lovers cup” has an edge on the perfect balance of flavours and floral, IMO. No I won’t add sugar to my tea (unless it’s a chai/iced). But hey, as a perfume, I’d buy it and lather myself in it driving everyone crazy.

Uniquity

I find this one benefits from a lower steep time (3 mins?) and temp – I have a weird memory that there is green tea in it. The green tea can get mighty bitter if boiled.

katgolik

Also use less then recommended and do the shorter steep time..DT tends to have bitterness issues if the directions are followed..a little fussing will go a long way!

Awkward Soul

sweet, I got a bit left, I’ll remember to try using less.