I’ve lost count on what number this tea is from my Fusion tea order.. hmmm I believe it is #5!

DRY: Cocoa liquoury and waves of raspberry. The dry tea looks interestingly patterned with green and dark brown. Random hunks of almond.

OBSERVATION: Very similar ingredients to “Cocoa Mate” but this tea has green mate, raspberry bits and leaves. Appears to have quite a bit of green mate.

STEEPED: Dark amber. Mmm smells like raspberry mixed with something earthy.

TASTE: Refreshingly sweet raspberry at first sip. Background of smooth light chocolateyness and slight earhty roasted mate taste. No bitterness or tart.

WHO’D LIKE THIS TEA: Fruity tea lovers, mate drinkers – new and seasoned.

COMMENTS: Unfortunately I only got a few sips hot, then the rest of my tea cooled more than my liking. My 5 month old teenagery rabbit threw a destructive spaz to get my attention, so I had to deal with him. When I resumed my cup I guzzled it down in record speed – very good mate! I find this surprisingly sweet and refreshing, unlike the other roastedy/robust/nutty Fusion Mates I tried.

This one I was hesitant to order Cocoa Raspberry Mate, but did anyways because I love mate. One of my favorite mates is DavidsTea’s “Chocolate Rocket” which is a raspberry and chocolate mate. Comparing the two – DavidsTeas is much more nutty almond with tarty raspberry. Fusion Teas Cocoa Raspberry is on the addictive sweet refreshing raspberry side, with chocolate bringing up the rear. I feel I could own both teas since they seem different enough.

Very very good Fusion Teas! I think I might need another cup….

Will Work For Tea

I really love DT’s CR too! Thank you for comparing the two teas, as I always wonder how similar teas can be so different. This is going on my shopping list when I find enough Fusion Teas to place an order.