My Persimmon tree order! YAY! I went nuts with an ordering of samples. I had the kettle prepped since I knew it was coming and I know when my mail guy shows up.

I started with White Guava to try first because as I was browsing to figure out the steeping times (annoyingly the samples did not state water tempuratures and steep times, so I wrote them all down on my receipt) and a free offer popped up for White guava. So, I figure I’d try this puppy first and see if I’ll snag that offer. I originally ordered this tea because guava is pretty unique to have in a tea!

DRY: Strong – very sweet and fruity. Smelled guava before? This is guava! I could sniff this sample packet all day!

STEEPED: Slightly guava with maybe a floral note? Brews up a light orangey yellow.

TASTE: Light and refreshing. Mildly guava and sweet. I think I can taste strawberry in regards to sweetness. Slight hit of ginger essense as the tea goes down and aftertaste. White tea is light and doesn’t mess with the fruityness.

WHO’D LIKE THIS TEA: Those white tea fruity drinkers, don’t be scared of unusual fruit!

COMMENTS:
It was one of those momemnts of Sip. Sip. Sip. Sip. non-stop until it was done. Refreshing! I’ve never had a tea with ginger that was this mild, usually ginger teas get the POW GINGER effect. The tea is very mild. I could go for a stronger taste in guava and strawberry. But as a whole this tea is a well made balance of fruity and refreshing. I’d say this tea is sophisticated (and slightly exotic) flavor.

Would I get more? (For free hell yes, I’m cashing in on that coupon code!) I think this tea is very good but not wow’ing me to become a staple of mine. I am however very impressed with Persimmon Teas and I excited to try my other teas in my order.

Emilie

What teas did you get? I’ve been really happy with the few samples I’ve had from these guys and I’m looking forward to ordering from them when I get tea money!

Awkward Soul

I got coconut creme, coconut cacao, green caramel, lychee peach, tropical pineapple, amore, white guava, passion fruit jasmine, mandarin silk, mint chocolate chip and they gave me a sample of beach flower. Phew, lots of teas to try!

Kittenna

Yum yum, I’m making an order really soon!

Comments

Emilie

Awkward Soul

Kittenna

Yum yum, I’m making an order really soon!

I’m a tea blogger – The Oolong Owl

Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

I have a husband and a bunny who both hate tea. More for me!!!! MUUAHAHAHAHAAA

Long Beach, CA