My second tea to try from Persimmon Tree. I thought I’d do them in order that I think would be the ones I was more excited to try first, but this morning, nada. I am nursing a broken finger that just came out of the splint. I wanted to soak it in epsom salt and didn’t want to turn the kettle too high. Low temperature green tea it is!

DRY: Sweeeeeeet caramel (maybe salty caramel, but not sure if it’s just all in my mind for the salty smell?) Oh man! SOOOOOO strong of a scent (similar to how my last persimmon tea smelled very strong dry). Really cute cubes of caramel in this tea!

STEEPED: Green tea colour. Mix of a grassy green tea smell and sweet caramel.

TASTE: Very clean green tea at first sip with a splash of mildy sweet caramel and earthyness (rooibos) at the end mellowing and coating the throat in soft sweetness.

WHO’D LIKE THIS TEA: Green tea drinkers. people new to green tea. Peeps who like to drink caramel.

COMMENTS: DANG!
I see others who reviewed this used more dry tea than I did, I just used 1.5t! I can see this being even better if made a bit stronger.

This is mind blowingly good and well executed tea. The green tea is very good (not muchly grassy) and the caramel flavor just melts into my mouth as I sip the tea. It’s in the perfect range of caramel taste to be mild and easy to taste, but not too subtle.

I guzzled my first cup down and wished I made a pot of this instead. It is amazingly good. I would usually prefer a sweet caramel tea to be ultra strong sweet, but this tea is just so well done. Holy crap Persimmon Teas, you are blowing my pants off!

Indigobloom

this reminds me of the Dragonwell I tried from Kiosque. been meaning to buy some more… after I drink down my stash haha

(which will be never!)