My 5th Persimmon Tree tea review. This tea is the reason for my order – I saw a couple of the people I follow review this tea and I was all “Dang, I need to try it”.
The tea I drank this morning is “Coconut Cacao” also from Persimmon Tree and I figure it be good to compare the two teas.

DRY: Sweet coconut – strong of course. Slightly creamy smell too. Very pretty with green leaves, red bits and blue. I used 2t for this steeping for 1 cup of tea.

STEEPED: coconutty and more of a sweet fragrance than the “Coconut Cacao”. Steeps up a golden white tea colour.

TASTE: Strong coconut with a background of bright and delicate white tea. Naturally sweet, refreshing and mysteriously fruity from the white tea. A slight creamyness from the coconut coats the throat at the end of the sip of tea.

WHO’D LIKE THIS TEA: White tea drinkers and someone who likes coconut (I keep bringing in the coconut liking thing because my husband and family dislike coconut).

COMPARISON:
“Coconut Cacao” is more creamy and has earthy depth with the pu-erh and chocolate. A more laid back, grounded tea.
“Coconut Cream” is more coconut flavor, more perky and sweet. This tea is more upbeat and refreshing.

COMMENTS:
Wow, this tea is really good. Similar to “Coconut Cacao” but different enough to own both teas as they seem on opposite personalities. Coconut Creme is executed very well with the balance of coconut and tea, bringing out natural flavors of the fruit and not artificial.

However, I think I like the “Coconut Cacao” more than “Coconut Creme” for its amazing creamyness. However, “Coconut Creme” has a great sweet flavor. I think this one would make a better iced tea and never need sweetener because it is perfectly sweet on its own. But I say this out of personal taste – both teas are equally good.

Persimmon Tree has flavoring tea to a science (as someone as said already). With that said, I’m tempted to order more of their blends I passed on.

Emilie

I’ve tried this and loved it, and I recently ordered a sample of the Coconut Cacao. Now I’m really excited to try that one!

Ze_Teamaker

Being a coconut nut, I must try this…

Kittenna

I hope I ordered some Coconut Cacao…