My 6th Persimmon Tree sample to try. This one I would of passed on as it didn’t seem exotic enough that I’d try it – but I saw some good things on Steepster about it, so why not try it? The samples are cheap!

When my Persimmon Tree package arrived I smelled all the samples and found this one the least appealing as it wasn’t as strong or interesting scented than the rest of them.

DRY: Not strong of a smell, but what I can make out would be a sweet lemony scent. 2t used.

STEEPED: Bright light yellow colour.. white tea looking. Oolong scent with hints of lemon.

TASTE: Creamy vanilla up front with a clean and delicious oolong taste and non-tart mild citrus. Subtly sweet. No bitterness.

WHO’D LIKE THIS TEA: It’s mild, creamy, citrusy, what’s not to like? Oolong lovers would go to town on this!

COMMENTS: Another well executed tea by Persimmon Tree, how do they keep doing it?

I love the vanilla flavor in this, probably the best vanilla usage with it being the perfect amount and creamy. Not artificial tasting. The citrus is used nicely and is amazingly not tart. Almost like a lemon drop tea.

For me? I could see the huge appeal in this tea and it is very delicious, it surprised me on how good and well blended it is, however not in my particular tastes. I’d still recommend this tea to others as being pretty good.