8th tea from Persimmon Tree… 2 more to go! Phew, so much tea but all so delicious!

I had a boxes of lychee tea (I can’t remember if it was in black or oolong tea) I used to love, but it was horribly bitter and poor quality. I still loved that tea back then, when all I knew was teas in bags. Plus it was like a $1 or $2 a box at the asian super markets.

DRY: Strong fruityness.. I think I can make out peach. Very sweet smelling, reminds me of a Jolly Rancher in sweet and fruity smell.

STEEPED: Smells like that lychee tea I drank in the bag but better. Lychee and a black tea scent. Steeps up to a nice dark brown tea.
2t at 200F.

TASTE: Not bitter or tart clean black tea with slight sweetness from lychee. I can pick up a slight floral after taste.

WHO’D LIKE THIS TEA: Fellow peeps that buy that cheap lychee tea at asian super markets. Black tea drinkers or someone looking for more exotic fruit.

COMMENTS: This seriously tastes like that lychee tea I used to buy, but 10 times better with the better quality black tea and Persimmon Trees excellent blending of tea. Clean tasting, not musty or cardboardy (yeah.. it was cheap tea).

I think Lychee Peach is on the same wave length of “Tropical Pineapple” (also by Persimmon Tree) of the main focus is the tea with a fruit in the background.

One big thing bothering me though. I don’t notice any peach taste. The only peachyness was in the scent. Also the ingredients listed online are Organic Black Loose-Leaf Tea, Lychee Essence, Safflowers, Natural Flavors, Lychee Peach Tea, Lychee Black Tea – just a brief peach mention. I could go for some peach bits.. mmmm now I’m thinking of Fusion Teas PEACH CRUNCHIES! YUM!

The floral taste of this tea is interesting, it reminds me of drinking a rose black tea, but with no rose in it.

Very good and a replacement tea for me when I want asian lychee tea, but not blowing my pants off. I think I wanted something new to the table, but overall good tea.