My 10th sample from my The Persimmon Tree order and final one (for now, muhhahhahahaha). This one was a last minute dump into the cart as I’m not a rooibos fan, but I subconsciously keep trying to like rooibos.

DRY: One of those Andes chocolate mints, straight up. Lots of big and interesting chunks in this tea which after checking ingredients is apple. 2t used for this steeping.

STEEPED: Deep chocolate with mint. I opened the lid of my DavidTeas steeper and got blasted with a mint facial! Steeps up a slightly cloudy light brown.

TASTE: Minty chocolate, like an Andes chocolate mint candy. Slightly sweet. Rooibos isn’t very pronounced. A smooth and slightly creamy after taste. Good balance of refreshing mint. I found the tea a little watery, I think maybe more dry leaves would help, however I added some rock sugar into my cup and a splash of soymilk to help it out some.

WHO’D LIKE THIS TEA: Rooibos haters (like me) and lovers, someone who wants a chocolately tea for a late dessert.

COMMENTS:
I wish I got DavidsTea Mint Chocolate Rooibos, it be great to compare to! However, I have “Read my Lips” which is harder to compare to “Mint Chocolate Chip” because it’s black tea, peppercorns and doesn’t have vanilla/etc.

This surprised me in not tasting horrible rooibos, however lost points for tasting a little watery weak. This tea would probably do well steeped stronger into a latte. Overall, the tea is well done, great for someone who isn’t into rooibos but wants no caffeine.

So, after tasting 10 of The Persimmon Tree teas, I gotta say all were really good. The ones that I didn’t dig were just not for me personally.

Emilie

The apple pieces seem weird to me. Did they seem like they affected the taste any?

Awkward Soul

I didn’t notice them, didn’t add any tart or anything. Unless they were masking rooibos or making it watery somehow.