I’m another steepster that got their paws on Butterbeer when it was re-blended. I eyed it when it first came out, but hesitated, then it sold out and I was angry at myself. Minutes from Frank’s tweet saying Butterbeer was back I was buying it. MIINNEEE!

Harry Potter fan? Yes but my dad is a bigger fan though. He announces all the spells when he watches the movies (no joke). I’m totally a Syltherin, my husband is probably Ravenclaw and my dad is a Syltherin lackey.

DRY: Rootbeery (with no bubbles going up my nose), creamy and sweet.

STEEPED: Very strong rooty buttery smell. Steeps up very dark brown red.

TASTE: Quick blip of black tea with a bite of bitterness (maybe I steeped it for too long?) then a pronounced root beer taste. With a couple lumps of rock sugar the bitterness reduced and theres butteryness at the initial sip. As the tea cools the rootbeer and butteryness comes out more.

WHO’D “ACCIO BUTTERBEER!” THIS: Black tea lovers and adventurous types.

COMMENTS: I know I messed up this steeping. Either too long or too hot as I’m sure the bitterness is not supposed to be there, so I need to try again.
Overall pretty unique and tasty.

I probably have to share this with my dad, darn!

I’m a tea blogger – The Oolong Owl
www.OolongOwl.com – I do tea reviews, obsessively photograph teas with mischievous crocheted Owls and get tea drunk. I am also a crochet and knitting designer at Awkward Soul Designs.

To contact me for reviews, check out details at OolongOwl.com/about or email me at [email protected]

BTW, my Steepster cupboard is not even close to accurate and I track my teas on a spreadsheet. Last update 573 Teas – August 2015.

Long Beach, CA