drank My Morning Mate by Teavana

Shout out to Ze_Teamaker for a sample of this tea.

I was a little concerned with the water temperature, I had it down as 205F… but from what I understand, mates should be around 180-185F? Something about high temperatures make mates taste off or kill off the caffeine? I’m guessing the temperature is mostly for the black and rooibos.

DRY: Chocolately coffee smell. Lots of interesting chunks of peppercorns and what I saw to be a chunk of nut shell. I chewed on it and it’s totally a nut shell, very wacky.

STEEPED: Robustly coffee smell. Steeps up a dark brown.

TASTE: Slight wateryness at the start of the sip. Nutty black tea tea with some mellowness of slight chocolate flavor and hazelnuts. Barely any bitterness.

WHO’D LIKE THIS TEA: Nutty tea drinkers, and by that I mean ones who like nuts in their tea. Another good tea for kicking the coffee habit!

COMPARISON:
My Morning Mate – stacks up to be the most nutty tasting of them all.
JavaVana Mate (Teavana) – more on the mocha side (I prefer it over My Morning)
Good Morning Mate (Fusion) – King of robusty taste with lots of spice.

COMMENTS:
Okay, I’ve drank quite a few mate almost coffee teas now.
My Morning Mate isn’t too bad, the nuttyness is nice. However I’m thinking it’s lacking something, like more spice or kick.