Shout out to Emilie for a sample of this tea!

Butiki Teas – we meet at last! I’m thinking I wanna do an order with them, but I’ve been procrastinating. I was emailing my husband at work about trying this tea and said “I’d order from them, but right now I got enough tea” and he was like “WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT DID YOU DO WITH MY WIFE????” Oh boy, maybe he’ll pay for the next tea order, hahahahahah!

And I just realized that I don’t think I’ve had guayusa before. I’ve probably had it mixed in blends, but not the main tea. This will be interesting!

DRY: DROOOL! Amazing creamsicle smell. I’m imagining a yummy orange creamsicle ice cream all melty and delicious.

STEEPED: Transformed into a grassy smell and with a hint of that yummy orange creamsicle smell. It’s like my drippy ice cream fell onto a freshy mowed lawn. Rest assured, it still smells delicious! Steeps up a brown-green.

TASTE: Tangy (almost spicy) citrus with a delicious hit of cream at the end. Earthy, dry, vegetal aftertaste. As it cools, the creamyness is stronger and less grassy taste. No tartness.

Sounds gross when I make tea burp comments, but this one is a burp of strong orange creamsicle taste!

WHO’D LIKE THIS TEA: A tea drinker that wants something a little different. Citrus lovers.

COMMENTS: It sounds gross that I think this tastes like I ate my ice cream off my lawn, but it is really good. I was worried this would be tart but Butiki did a great job in flavoring this tea.

Oddly, I feel full after drinking this tea – I’m not sure why, maybe all the creamsicle burping. With that said, I want to try more guayusa teas so I can compare with this. Overall, very tasty and different than other teas I’ve tried.

EDIT:
After feeling full for 2 hours and satisfied after drinking this tea, I gave in and made an order with Butiki teas. TAKE MY MONEY! RAWWWRR!

tigress_al

You won’t be disappointed! What other teas of theirs did you order?

Awkward Soul

I got tamarind pop, dragon feelers and the 4 sampler pack with pistachio ice cream, apricot guayusa, that cantaloupe one and mango lassi.