Shout out to Ze_Teamaker for a sample of this tea!

I’ve been back at brazilian jiu-jitsu (after being out with a broken finger) and this morning I feel like I was tossed around all last night – despite I was the one who was doing the tossing! Hoping some chocolately tea will do the trick.

DRY: very chunky looking with lumps of oolong, big wide coconut flakes. Again the mystery nutty shells are in this tea like My Morning Mate. Carob maybe? I’ve only seen it in a powder (back in my vegan days). Smells light, chocolatey. No rose petals in my tea as is pictured in the Teavana picture, could be a miss as that kinda thing likes to float to the top.

STEEPED: Bit more chocolately and oolong smell. Steeps up a gold colour.

TASTE: Light tasting – nutty, chocolately with oolong in the background. After taste of creamyness and coconut. No taste of licorice that I can tell.

WHO’D LIKE THIS TEA: Light tea drinkers – maybe a white tea person wanting to try oolongs? Also someone who likes coconut and chocolate.

COMMENTS: This tea did perk me up this morning – there is mate in this supposedly, but I didn’t taste it. I love chocolate teas as well as coconut. Slimful Chocolate is very much a light yummy tea if that is what you are craving for.

However, I think I am spoiled by “The Persimmon Tree” who does coconut flavoring better. I kept thinking the coconut could be done better to be more creamy. More depth would be an added bonus too. Overall, not bad, maybe I’ll try more dry leaf to see how that goes.

Ze_Teamaker

I agree. I tried some of the coconut creme’, and it is like drinking a colada minus the fat and calories.

The Persimmon Tree

jiu-jitsu and tea.. perfect mix. Thanks for mentioning us :)

Awkward Soul

Brazilian Jiu-jitsu and tea totally go together – especially mate teas! I think I’m in the minority though, most jiu-jitsu people I know are into those expensive coconut waters.