I got this tea at a Farmer’s Market – I thought the ginseng root in it might provide an interesting taste and effect.

DRY: Roasty mate + fruity. Weird hunks of stuff in this tea. Upon closer inspection, they are mango chunks that are crusted with mate and rooibos. Mmmm mate crust.

STEEPED: Very roasted and rooibos smell with fruity notes. Dark amber colour.

TASTE: The roasted mate and rooibos come through. A mysterious tangy earthy spice (ginseng if you ever drank those tiny ginseng shots) with a background of fruity.

WHO’D LIKE THIS TEA: Someone very tired in the morning and doesn’t mind a ginseng taste. Mate and rooibos drinkers (caffeine-free rooibos drinkers – come to the dark side and energetic side of mate)

COMMENTS: The market didn’t give me brewing instructions so I assumed a 180F for like 5-7 minutes. I checked the site and I was practically right! “180F for 5 minutes” off nmteaco.com. Can tell I drink mate a lot.

Okay, Mango Mate Energizer – I wish it was more fruity. The main taste is the mate and rooibos. However, that ginseng taste I do like and would love to try more teas with it. The pairing of it with the roasted mate is very good. I used to drink those ginseng shots in those teeny bottles. They taste horrible and sometimes they come with cute little straws for you to slowly suck down the horribleness. Rest assured, this tea isn’t that horribly strong, but that earthy zingy spice is present in this tea.

This is ultra energy tea – I’m feeling pretty zippy right now!