I’m amazingly tired out. I had all these plans with a couple cold-steep teas to review and savor this morning, but instead I had an early start to take my rabbit to the vet. So instead, on the drive to the vet I inhaled all that cold-steeped tea without thought or noticing taste, booo!

So drinking black tea, now later in this morning. I would prefer mate but I got an order from The Persimmon Tree yesterday and another package from another place coming today so I need to try these out!

On that note, shout out to the Persimmon Tree for great customer service. There was a mix up on my order and they emailed me back right away and were fast in fixing it. Plus upped my Coconut Cacao to 6oz in apology. /love love love. All I need now is to get my post lady to stop brutalizing my tea packages – not sure theres some post challenge to see if they can cram packages through a mail slot, ripping the package open and spilling tea samplers out. GRRR!

Onto: French Vanilla Bean (FVB)

DRY: Sweet vanilla smell, kinda nutty. Lots of big mystery chunks… almonds? But isn’t listed on their website – Just tea + vanilla beans.

STEEPED: Sweet again and slightly vanillay. Steeps up a dark brown.

TASTE: Creamy smooth taste right up front with a delicious black tea in the background. Starting to get bitter – I should of steeped it to 3 minutes, not 4.
I added rock sugar and soymilk halfway through which upped the ante making FVB very smooth and ultra creamy.

WHO’D LIKE THIS TEA: Black tea drinkers and vanilla lovers. Especially someone who likes adding cream and sugar to tea.

COMMENTS: My first sip I was brought to that similar creamy reminder of their other creamy teas but this one is for the black tea drinker. Very nicely balanced creamyness. FVB is the bomb with milk and sugar added.

I was hoping I would get vanilla punched to the face, but instead got an amazing sweet creamy tea. FVB would make a killer vanilla latte. A nice tea to show off to fellow black tea drinkers. I personally like more crazyness in my teas, but this is delicious, best straight up vanilla tea I’ve had in awhile.

ashmanra

Is bunny okay?

Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl

He’s getting neutered today, so hoping it goes well.