I had a really hard time choosing a tea this morning – I have lots in my “haven’t tasted” pile. This one screamed out at me with its amazing smell. I needed something sweet as my bunny Benson is terrorizing me this morning with his high energy, despite him stuck on cage rest for another day.

DRY: Smells deliciously strong, sweet and nutty – reminds me of a nutty sweet I’ve had, maybe pistachio halva? Crap now I’m craving halva. Lots of chunks of pistachios in this tea!

STEEPED: Steeps up a cloudy light green. Again, still smells very sweet and nutty. I fished out a pistachio and ate it!

TASTE: Smooth, creamy and nutty pistachio with a background of green tea. Bit of a roasted taste and gently sweet. Green tea isn’t grassy or bitter. As the tea cools it is more pistachio and sweet.

WHO’D LOVE THIS TEA: Peeps who love creamy sweet dessert teas.

COMMENTS: YUMMMMMMMMMMM! I should really add rock sugar to this but it is great without so far. I am digging the creamyness and nuttyness of Pistachio Ice Cream.

I finished this tea and immediately wanted more and very tempted to steep up another cup! Oh hell, be right back.
I resteeped as I got all crazy wanting to save more of this tea. Resteeped Pistachio Ice cream has more of the green tea coming out with the creamyness sticking to my lips. The nuttyness is mostly gone and just an aftertaste, but that could of been from me picking out the pistachios and eating them, LOL! The green tea is very nice and still not bitter or grassy, yay!

The balance of the nuttyness and creamyness + green tea is fabulous! So far I’m digging how complex Butiki teas taste, but without a long ingredients list. Very well done, I’ll be very tempted to order more when I finish it off.