drank Tamarind Pop by Butiki Teas

Tamarind Tea? Ohhhh yeah! I got really excited when I saw this tea on Steepster! I needed to have it and try it!

Tamarind, if you never had it, has an interesting sour taste but also sweet. As a kid, I’ve eaten it as tamarind candies – that are sticky balls rolled in sugar (or salt) with the pod seeds in the middle. Also, I’ve had tamarind often as a soup base for Sinigang (a filipino soup or stew). When I starting cooking Sinigang myself, I would go crazy and make the soup base super strong for ultra sour soup!

DRY: Tangy sweet? This tea dry has an unusual smell that was hard to identify.

STEEPED: As I had my steeper pour the tea into my cup, there was huge wafts of tamarind and black tea smells – very awesome! Steeps up to a dark amber brown tea.

TASTE: Is addictive a taste? It’s earthy, sweet, creamy, non-sour tamarind pop (ha!) to it. Great black tea taste in there too. I’m picking up a teeny bit of astringency, however does not take away from the tea.
I didn’t add sugar because I was lazy.

WHO SHOULD TRY THIS TEA: Tamarind pop sounds adventurous (especially if you never had tamarind and just read I make sour soup with it) but has a lot of flavors going on and isn’t weird crazy. Black tea drinkers would like this tea for sure.

COMMENTS: Very addictive tea! I drank Tamarind Pop so fast as if it was a cold soda and now I’m craving more. Maybe iced or cold steeped, oh yeah!

Very expertly blended tea! All these teas I got from Butiki are amazing, I think I might have to break my “no buy” to get some more!

Will Work For Tea

It’s really good cold too! I’ve brewed a double-strength portion of this mixed with simple syrup and diluted with soda water! Better than the pre made tamarind sodas from the store! :)

Awkward Soul

ooh, I’m totally trying that! I just need to secure some soda water! HEHEHEH!!!

gmathis

A local Thai restaurant makes tamarind chicken that beats conventional sweet and sour, hands down.

Comments

Will Work For Tea

Awkward Soul

ooh, I’m totally trying that! I just need to secure some soda water! HEHEHEH!!!

gmathis

Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

I have a husband and a bunny who both hate tea. More for me!!!! MUUAHAHAHAHAAA

Long Beach, CA