ZOMG watermelon tea! I had to order this tea, WMX, despite breaking my 2 week no buy (among other teas from Butiki I wanted to try).

For me, I love fresh watermelon. I discovered from my brazilian jiu jitsu school that it is very easy to make watermelon juice. They sell a special bag that you pour blendered watermelon into to get the juice out (much easier than a strainer). Watermelon juice is the most refreshing drink ever! Best ever was over this summer, my local bulk grocery store was selling watermelons 8lbs for a $1! After buying so much watermelon, I’m still not tired of it, but worried when the season is over.

So far, the only watermelon teas I’ve had, DavidsTea’s Lucious Watermelon, I wasn’t a big fan of for it being tart and being mostly apple chunks.

DRY: Strong watermelonly fruity. Very interesting fuzzy tea leaves and bits of pretty pink (amaranth?)

STEEPED: Steeps up to a light gold colour. Smells just like watermelon juice, freshly extracted. This tea would look very pretty presented in a glass pot or travel mug. It is noted on the packaging of WMX to add sweetener, so I poured half my tea steeped into a small pot with rock sugar so I could try it both ways.

TASTE: Unsweetened, tastes like crisp watermelon (like even that fresh scent of watermelon and all) with a bit of mystery floral in it. The white tea is delicately soft and works well with the watermelon. No bitterness or tartness.

Sweetened with white rock sugar, WMX tastes just like watermelon juice with an amazing honey like sweetness. Much more watermelony sweetened, it’s crazy!

WHO’D LOVE THIS TEA: watermelon lovers – or someone who loves fruit teas. Iced tea peeps should snag this tea too!

COMMENTS: WHOA, whooooa! WMX kinda blew off my pants, um skirt, when it was sweetened. I extracted every drop I could from my little tea pot, WMX is so delicious!

WMX would be killer sweetened and iced. I think my tea hating husband would like this iced. However, I’m not sure if I’d share it or if it would survive long in the fridge for him to get at it.

Very well done Butiki Teas! I have a tea that I will buy again and will be a complete spaz about!

ashmanra

A two week no buy? I put myself on a three month no buy and broke it within the week, sigh.