A new guayusa blend? Yes please! IMO, we need more guayusa blends, it’s quickly becoming my favorite type of tea for it being earthy, creamy and amazing! (and loads of caffeine)

I got lots to do today, so I figure I need to get a caffeine hit of awesome! I have to make curry (yum!), work on some jiu jitsu blogging and get my weight lifting done.

DRY: Slightly creamy smell with a kick to it – lavender and mint? Very interesting smell that was hard to piece together.

STEEPED: Steeps up a dark earthy brown. Smells again like lavender.

TASTE: Smooth, calming – creamyness and vanilla, earthy, a gentle kick of lavender with an aftertaste of mint.

Sweetened with rock sugar KV changes to a stronger creamy and vanilla tea with lavender and mint gently relaxing together in the background. Personally, sweetened is the way to go with this tea.

WHO’D LOVE THIS TEA: Those peeps who drink “calming” teas, but in need of a wakeup caffeine hit.

COMMENTS: Slightly addictive tea. I just kept sipping away experiencing the rocking out of lavender and vanilla.

A similar flavored tea would be DavidsTea’s “Jessie’s Tea” – which has rooibos, coconut and much more lavender. KV’s is much more full bodied with the earthy guayusa, smoother and more creamy. The lavender and mint dance perfectly together.

Overall, best use of lavender in a tea I’ve tried so far. Now I’m all feeling mellow yet alert and sloshy full. Man, I love guayusa!

KV, I think, would be a great tea to have before an exam – keep you calm but energy sparked awake!

Will Work For Tea

I really can’t wait to try this one – should be getting it tomorrow. YES! We do need more guayusa blends! :)

Butiki Teas

I too am a big fan of guayusas. I think GMS is my personal favorite, since there is something about lemon and waking up that I love. You are so right, this one is addictive. Before you know it, the cup is finished.

Awkward Soul

I got GMS in my stash to try, can’t wait!

Butiki Teas

^Nice. Since you’ve tried a fair amount of our guayusas, I would definitely be interested in hearing your opinion on which you enjoy the most.

Comments

Will Work For Tea

Awkward Soul

I got GMS in my stash to try, can’t wait!

I’m a tea blogger – The Oolong Owl

Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

I have a husband and a bunny who both hate tea. More for me!!!! MUUAHAHAHAHAAA

Long Beach, CA