drank Cider Guayusa by Butiki Teas

Love sent to Stacy @ Butiki for this sample with my order!

I was planning on trying Good Morning Sunshine, but I was craving peanut butter oatmeal. I figured lemon tea would clash, but cider would not. In the end, it didn’t matter as I gobbled up my oatmeal before I started on my tea.

DRY: Earthy scent with a gentle warm baked apple smell. Lots of great big chunks of apple!

STEEPED: Transformed into a strong spicy baked apple smell! Stronger than the smell of the dry tea!

TASTE: Gently earthy and apple taste with spices dancing through the cup. Not bitter, tart or watery. The whole tea is on a mellow level, so nothing is overpowering. The sips also change, some sips I get more earthy guayusa taste, others more spice. The apple reminds me of a baked apple without sugar.

Sweetened with plain rock sugar, the apple brightens and warms up and the tea becomes slightly creamy. Less guayusa earthy taste.

I think I like the non-sweetened version more. There’s a natural sweeteness that does the job enough for me, and I love that guayusa taste.

WHO’D LIKE THIS TEA: Someone who wants a spice tea that isn’t strong. This is a great breakfast tea for someone who drinks cream/sugared chais to switch out to a tea they don’t need the cream and sugar for.

COMMENTS: I love that this tea is not tart at all! No cardamon either, UGGG CARDAMON! I dislike cardamon after a coworker told me try adding cardamon pods to my coffee or chais and it was traumatizingly bad.

Again, guayusa teas make me feel full, and I could barely finish my cup because I was feeling sloshy.

Overall, very good! Tempting to get more than this tea – see if I start craving it and going crazy.