LAZY ICED MATCHA MODE!

Yep, addicted to matcha. I keep drinking this stuff! I’m waiting for the next matcha sale at Red Leaf so I can buy more!

I mentioned on my first review of Caramel Matcha my fav sushi joint serves an iced matcha. I decided to recreate this with my own, tastier matcha. However, I’m absolutely lazy feeling today and really dislike whisking my matcha with my teeny wire whisk of crap.

1. I sifted 1.5 tsp of my caramel matcha into a blender ball bottle.
(blender ball bottle: http://www.amazon.com/Sundesa-BB28-SC08-28-Ounce-BlenderBottle-BlenderBall/dp/B001KADGMI)
2. I added around 250ml of filtered water)
3. Shake bottle
4. Add ice
5. YUMMMM!

The blender ball thing did create a frothy top, at first it didn’t look like it was working, but about 30 seconds later the matcha was looking good.

Very tasty matcha with a soft hit of caramel! Next time I need to do a milk version!

EDIT: tried the blender ball + soy milk = LOTS OF FROTH!!!! Doubled in size!
However, I didn’t sift the matcha and the blender ball wasn’t able to break up all the little bits, so sifting the matcha is a step that cannot be skipped.

Iced
Babble

I have one of these! I feel like I should try it!

ashmanra

That thing is so cool I may have to start drinking matcha just to justify buying it.