Thanks to the amazing Kittena for a sample of Buttered Cinnamon Raisin Toast (BCRT)!

I got lots of samples to try out, yay! That’ll keep me busy drinking tea and not eating snacks! But out of my pile, this tea screamed at me – I think it was me writing down all the suggested steep times for the samples and I saw the picture of that buttery piece of toast and was all “YUMMMM”!

DRY: slightly sweet? Wasn’t much of a strong smell for me.

STEEPED: Reddy brown colour, zingy cinnamon scent.

TASTE: black tea base, a blast of cinnamony spice and aftertaste of raisin. The more I drink, the more raisiny BCRT gets. Slight bitterness.
Sweetened with plain rock sugar, I find the butteryness comes out but the cinnamon blast goes down. I think if I get more of this tea, I’d use less sweetener.

COMMENTS: Very yummy! I am the bitter tea police, but the slight bitterness worked well here, brought out the raisin, if that makes any sense. And Mmmm buttery teas! I’m a sucker for buttery or creamy!