I forgot I had a sample of this tea from a DavidsTea order!

Taking it easy today. The other day I got my 3rd stripe on my white belt in brazilian jiu jitsu. Yesterday I rolled and got a buggered thumb and a cut lip. I got an advanced class tonight and probably going to get more damaged similar to last week as blue belts pick me off doing crazy moves on me.

With that said, a nice strawberry tea? yum!

DRY: Very sweet strawberry smell that is also nutty. I ate one of the brittle pieces and it was chewy, weird! Lots of brittle pieces and strawberry chunks. (wonder if they load samples to be a perfect spread of tea?)

STEEPED: Strawberry and black tea smell. Hmmm.. now I recall I did get my nosed winged in last night too. Uggg, I’m an injury magnet.

TASTE: Black tea base with a slight tart strawberry (like as if the strawberry wasn’t fully ripe tart). Quite sweet. I couldn’t pick out the nuttyness.
Sweetened, the strawberry comes out more. However, sweetening this tea seemed overkill as it is already sweet. No bitterness or astringency.

WHO’D LIKE THIS TEA: A black tea drinker that likes sweet teas – it’s already sweet! Also a pretty good black base that isn’t ultra robust, so someone wanting to try a black tea could give this one a go.

COMMENTS: really good but I wish I didn’t sweeten the last of my pot as it was just too sweet for me! I added sweetener before I tasted it. I wish I got creamy and nutty notes from the name strawberry shortcake, all I got was strong tarty yet sweet strawberry.

Overall, not bad, probably would be good iced (the focus of the summer collection).