Mmmm, blueberry tea! My fav blueberry teas are by DT – White Tiger and Blueberry Jam. But this is a purple tea? Ultra fun! Thanx to Stacy @ Butiki for this sample on my last order!

STEEPED: low saturated brown colour, very interesting! Smells like sweet blueberries. After steeping, the leaves look pretty smushy.

TASTE: Floral, blueberries and light to moderate astringency. Very tasty aftertaste of blueberries. I’ve never had purple tea – with this it is kinda earthy but light. Like a really earthy green.

Sweetened, the blueberries come out in a mellow warm honey like form and less astringency.

EDIT: second steeping, no sweetener needed! The purple tea held up and is not astringent anymore with a good aftertaste of blueberry that is sweet! This purple tea stuff is intriguing.

WHO’D LIKE THIS TEA: someone looking for something a little different. Blueberry tea peeps should try this to change up having the typical white or black blueberry tea.

COMMENTS: Pretty fun tea! I’d love to have more than a sample to play with the steeping times to minimize the astringency.

Drinking so much tea today!

Butiki Teas

I definitely recommend giving this a re-steeping. The second infusion is the best and the astringency is minimal.

Awkward Soul

sweet, I’m gonna try that right now!

Awkward Soul

mmm the second infusion is indeed the best!

Butiki Teas

Glad you enjoyed the second infusion!