drank Tokyo by Harney & Sons

Love to Rachel Sincere for a sample of this tea!

I’ve been craving a nice green tea this afternoon while I knit like a maniac. I really wanted a certain tea, but my “try me” pile has grown out of control, with more on the way.

DRY: Appears to be the typical pile of green tea leaves, but when I took a scoop there was sesame seeds! Ooh I love sesame seeds! (yeah, I’m easy to please)

STEEPED: light yellow green, smells like green tea (wooo!) and toasty sesame.

TASTE: Brisk, light, veggie and toasty tasting green tea. Not sure if I can make out the caramel but the tea is on the slight sweet side and mellow.

I forgot I had tea left in my cup and it went cold. Cold, I can make out more sweetness and the toastyness is nice! This would make a good iced tea or to lightly sweeten.

OBSERVATIONS: I used the 1 to 2 minute steep suggested on the Harney & Son’s website http://www.harney.com/Details.cfm?ProdID=3808&category=0&secondary=0 , but looking at other steepster notes, most peeps did 3-5 minutes. Maybe the longer steep gets more caramel sweeteness. What I’m getting is pretty light flavoring.

COMMENTS: Maybe this is one of those teas I gotta fiddle with steeping times to get a more interesting taste. Another time!

ashmanra

I am sooo tired but youngt is looking at me hopefully. She wants us to go pick up the yarn for her Doctor Who scarf. We have already done the exhaustive “Which season do you want? How authentic do you want it? How much weight can you actually carry around your neck?” (She wants the twenty foot long scarf!)

Awkward Soul

My shawl has… 14 more rows and it’s close to 400 stitches long on 4mm needles. Then I heard the picot bindoff I need to do is 5 hours + ARGGGG!

Kittenna

Cold brew this one!!! (Or hot brew/chill, whatever I did in my tasting note!)

Comments

ashmanra

Awkward Soul

Kittenna

Cold brew this one!!! (Or hot brew/chill, whatever I did in my tasting note!)

I’m a tea blogger – The Oolong Owl

Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

I have a husband and a bunny who both hate tea. More for me!!!! MUUAHAHAHAHAAA

Long Beach, CA