drank Peach Oolong by Butiki Teas

Yes! I’m denting that “haven’t tried” pile! Plus, I thought this tea would be a treat to try after me crocheting for hours today trying to fix some stupid colour work gone bad on one of my patterns. I do love peaches.. homemade canned! Ahh memories of my teenager years in the summer spending all day peeling and slices peaches and canning them!

DRY: Tarty peach! Very tight balls of oolong.

STEEPED: Light gold, smells like oolong tea with a hint of peach.

TASTE: A nice smooth oolong (almost floral) upfront buzzing with white fuzzy peach flavor. I say fuzzy as I could sense that fuzzy peach skin, mmm fuzzy peach skin! I’d say this is totally a white peach as it is more mellow of a taste compared to yellow peaches. I would say this tea is light, but it is also full of flavor.

Sweetened, I might of over sweetened as I was distracted while adding the rock sugar, but I find the peach too sweet here and not as natural tasting. With that said, unsweetened for me!

Second infusion is still peachy, but astringency is starting. I think I might of overcooked the tea a bit as I was distracted again (roommate chatting with me about our new vacuum)

COMMENTS: This is really tasty! I’m glad I bought a bag instead of requesting it as a sample! I do like the strawberry oolong more, but this is still very good!