drank Brazillionaire by DAVIDsTEA

While my family came to visit from Canada, they all brought DAVIDsTea goodies (in 20g sizes) for me to sample, after hearing too much of my rantings of missing having a DT store. Interestingly, I got all blacks and herbals. Weird. This one came from my sis in Victoria!

DRY: smells sweet and nutty. Good combo! Annoyingly, my first scoop of tea gave me 70% raisins. I counted 6 squashed raisins. I unstuck them and got a better mix for this steeping.

STEEPED: Amber brown tea, bit of clear residue on the top. Smells very smooth nutty.

TASTE: Nutty, rich brazil nut flavor, rounded out by smooth coconut. Slightly sweet. The black tea hums along with the flavors, no astringency or bitterness.
Sweetened, the raisin and coconut taste pops out more with a nutty aftertaste.

COMMENTS: I can see why back around Father’s Day they marketed this as a gift, unsweetened I can see this tea as “manly” with the rich nutty taste. Sweetened however, it’s a desserty flavor.
I see others comment this tastes like “Toasted Walnut”, I find this tea is a more nutty, rich alternative for “Checkmate”. Either way, all those teas are nutty.

Overall, pretty good. I love the brazil nut flavor – I think there should be more teas out there using brazil nuts. I may buy more of this, but I have other DT blacks I like more.

EDIT, pics with this review at my blog http://oolongowl.wordpress.com/2013/02/04/brazillionaire-from-davidstea-tea-review/

I’m a tea blogger – The Oolong Owl

Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

I have a husband and a bunny who both hate tea. More for me!!!! MUUAHAHAHAHAAA

Long Beach, CA