reviewed The Steeper by DAVIDsTEA

I love my Steeper – I use this thing ALL the time! Little mess pouring the tea, the leaves are kept nicely for when I want to resteep and pretty well balanced so it doesn’t fall over or anything.

I love it so much, I crocheted 2 cozies for it and posted the pattern on my blog to share with others – ZOMG CROCHET STEEPER TEA COZY http://awkwardsoul.wordpress.com/2012/10/25/davidstea-steeper-cozy-crochet-free-pattern/

My only complaint is taking this thing apart. Maybe I’m scared I’m gonna break it and I’m screwed for having good tea until a new one comes in the mail. Putting the filter back in can be a pain. What I found works really well for cleaning is rubbing baking soda in to remove all the tea stains.

I have the 18oz and totally want the 36oz. One day.

Raritea

Awesome pattern! The cozies you made are adorable!

Awkward Soul

woot, ty! I was so happy when I had the pattern finished – I was promising to have it done sooner, but I had to finish my shawl first. I might try making a knitted or felted version in the future.

Fjellrev

That is such a cute little cozy! I’ve been curious about the Steeper. Wasn’t sure if it would be worth the investment.

Scatterbrain

If it’s anything like my Teavana steeper, it’s gonna start to get leaky after a while, so watch out. :/

Awkward Soul

I’ve had mine for a year now, used about 2-6 times a day, no leaks.

Scatterbrain

Wow, I need to get me one of those!

Sare

So how much would it be for you to make me a tea cozy ??? :)

yappychappy

I’m so having my sister make me a tea cozy.

clairemipsum

Love it! Just downloaded it off of ravelry. I wish you included a knitting pattern as well

Awkward Soul

Hopefully I’ll do a knitting pattern sometime, it’s just my knitting pattern writing skills aren’t there yet.

Brooklynsheep

David’s Tea would be silly not to have you make a bunch in their signature color for sale at their shops…!

Comments

Raritea

Awesome pattern! The cozies you made are adorable!

Fjellrev

Awkward Soul

I’ve had mine for a year now, used about 2-6 times a day, no leaks.

Scatterbrain

Wow, I need to get me one of those!

Sare

So how much would it be for you to make me a tea cozy ??? :)

yappychappy

I’m so having my sister make me a tea cozy.

clairemipsum

Red Leaf Tea
New Mexico Tea Co
Bluebird Tea Co
The Persimmon Tree

I have a husband and a bunny who both hate tea. More for me!!!! MUUAHAHAHAHAAA

Long Beach, CA